After hair transplantation was an unattainable dream for thousands around the world, today it became easy to get a hair transplant in Istanbul. Especially with the medical and technical progress in the field of cosmetic procedures.
Speaking of medical tourism, we find that Turkey today has become one of the leading countries, especially in the field of hair transplantation. In addition to its distinguished geographical location and attractive nature, we find that Turkey has achieved unprecedented success in providing medical quality at competitive prices.
So, what is hair transplantation and what are the best techniques used in Turkey?
What is hair transplantation?
Briefly, hair transplantation is a cosmetic process that was developed in the 50s of the last century. It is carried out under local anesthesia. It usually takes 5-8 hours to implement.
It involves transferring hair follicles from the bald-resistant areas of the scalp (the donor area) and transplanting them into the bald areas (the receiving area). Hair transplant is also distinguished in that it does not require a stay in the hospital. Which means patients are usually able to leave only 3-4 days after the operation.
Hair transplant in Istanbul
Some may wonder about the most important reasons for Turkish success in the field of medical tourism in general and hair transplantation in particular. The answer to that is the ability of Turkey to succeed in what others didn’t do well. Which is providing quality with the right price.
Today, Turkish hospitals and clinics are among the first in the world in terms of medical services at competitive prices. In addition to the geographical location as Turkey is only a few hours away from most European countries as well as Asian and African countries.
Add to this the beautiful nature and ancient civilization of Turkey represented in its natural landscapes and archaeological monuments.
Below we will present the most important reasons behind Turkish excellence in the field of hair transplantation:
- Medical Efficiency
- High equipment and advanced technology
- Impressive results
- Geographical location and tourist environment
- Competitive Prices
Hair Transplant Cost in Istanbul
Before starting to talk about the cost of hair transplant in Istanbul, you should know that the process of hair transplantation everywhere is expensive. But, as we mentioned earlier, the prices offered by in Turkey are considered the best and most affordable.
It should also be noted that the prices of the operation vary according to several things, such as the degree of baldness, the number of hair follicles needed, the technique used, as well as the policy of the clinic and the executing doctor.
The doctor determines the number of necessary follicles based on the degree of baldness. But beware of falling into the trap of some commercial centers or clinics that are not authorized by the Turkish Ministry of Health. Do not be tempted by the cheap price and ignore the most important things. For instance, the success or failure of the operation, final results, quality, natural appearance, professional medical staff and the specialized doctor, as well as hygiene standards.
Low prices may be tempting and motivating. But don’t forget that your health and the results that you will obtain over a lifetime are the most important.
What Are the Conditions That Prevent You from Hair Transplantation?
Of course, there are many things that must be taken into consideration before proceeding. For example, having a limited and weak donor area could limit your options for getting the operation.
Age and health status are also important in determining whether you can have the operation or not. You will not be able to have a hair transplant if you are under the age of 19. Or if you suffer from some health problems such as:
- Heart diseases
- Blood pressure disorders
- Hepatitis B or C
- Kidney failure
It should be noted here that sharing all these details with the doctor before the operation is important. This way the doctor can make the appropriate decision whether you can get the operation or not.
The best technique for FUE hair transplantation
The FUE technique is the latest technique in the field of hair transplantation. It is done by removing hair follicles one by one from the donor area using the micro motor device. The micro-motor has small punches attached with a diameter that ranges between 0.6-0.8 millimeters.
Then very small incisions are made in the targeted area and they must mimic the direction of natural hair growth. Meanwhile, the extracted follicles are kept in a special solution until the stage of transplantation. Now, the extracted follicles are ready to be transplanted to the balding recipient area using a forceps-like instrument.
What Are the Factors That Make the FUE Technique the Best?
There are many factors that make FUE the best, especially when compared to the traditional FUT method. Among those factors are:
- Short recovery period after the operation: You can return to your normal life after the operation in only a few days. During this time the symptoms of the operation will start to disappear such as slight swelling and redness of the skin.
- FUE technique is not associated by any significant pain: People who have had hair transplantation describe FUE technique as somewhat uncomfortable, but not painful. Unlike the traditional FUT technique, which is accompanied by a lot of pain.
- The scars: This is the most prominent feature that distinguishes this technique from the FUT. No trace of scars are visible, and this depends largely on the professionalism of the medical staff. Unlike the traditional technique that leaves a linear scar tissue in the donor area.
- The natural look and density of the transplanted hair: The FUE technique provides a natural look and high density of hair. The hair grows with the same characteristics as the extracted hair.
Are there any side effects associated with FUE?
Hair transplantation comes with some side effects, but these symptoms are mild and gradually disappear in the first few days. These side effects do not represent any danger to the person’s health condition or affect the results of the operation. These minor symptoms include:
- Slight bleeding
- Some slight swelling around the eye.
- The appearance of some bumps in the transplanted area.
- Scabbing of the skin.
- Itching in the donor and recipient areas.
- Decreased sensation in the receiving areas after the operation due to the effect of local anesthesia.
- The sudden fall of the transplanted hair during the “shock loss” stage that follows the operation. This stage is considered normal and the hair will return to normal growth.
Tips and Instructions
- During the first two weeks you must avoid rubbing the transplanted area or extracting hair from it.
- Avoid smoking of all kinds and alcohol completely before and after the operation for no less than a week. Smoking and drinking impedes blood circulation from flowing into the transplanted area and may lead to bleeding.
- Stop taking blood-thinning medications, such as aspirin, a week before the operation. Also, vitamins should not be taken a week before the operation.
- If you are using Minoxidil or any similar treatment to stop hair loss, you must leave it for two weeks before the operation.
- Avoid strenuous exercise during the first two weeks after the operation.
- Avoid direct sunlight during the first month after the operation.
- Avoid wearing hats or covering the transplanted area for two weeks.
- Avoid using hair dyes and shaving hair for at least a month.
- Sometimes some slight swelling may appear in the frontal area of the head. To avoid this, it is recommended for the first four days to sleep in a tilted position with several pillows under the upper back and neck.
Finally, remember to consult a doctor in the event of complications or some minor pain.